This post originally posted here CNN.com – RSS Channel – HP Hero
This post originally posted here CNN.com – RSS Channel – HP Hero
Throughout his life, Michael Jackson was married twice. The first time the King of Pop married Lisa Marie Presley in 1994 but eventually divorced her in 1996. Later that same year, Michael married Debbie Rowe – the mother of his first two children, Prince Jackson and Paris Jackson – however, this marriage only lasted three years before they split up in 1999. Before either of these relationships, Michael tried to get together with Brooke.
Brooke is an American actress and model who rose to fame when she was just 12-years-old for her performance in the film Pretty Baby.
The American star spoke candidly about her close relationship with Michael after the singer had died in 2009.
She recalled the King of Pop asked her to marry him at some point in the 1980s.
She said: “I would say: ‘You have me for the rest of your life, you don’t need to marry me.’
‘I’m going to go on and do my own life and have my own marriage and my own kids, and you’ll always have me.'”
READ MORE: Michael Jackson promised a close friend he would name daughter Paris
Brooke went on: “I think it made him relax. He didn’t want to lose things that meant something to him.”
The star went on to say the innocent nature of her relationship with Michael was unbroken as they grew up.
Because of this, Brooke told Rolling Stone, Michael became “more asexual” to her.
What do you think?
Should Michael Jackson have married Brooke Shields?
Join the debate in the comments section here
Brooke said: “What first base was, what second base was, and it sounded very odd to the outside I can imagine, but to the inside, to someone who’s never really left his bubble, you can understand how he would be curious.”
In her 2014 memoir – There Was a Little Girl – Brooke said: “We were like two little kids. From the day we met, we saw something of ourselves in each other.”
She added: “Of course we loved each other, but nothing happened romantically.
“I would be like: ‘Oh please, knock it off.’ He was like this kid who would ask you [about dating and romance].”
Brooke said she thought Michael was “terrified” of dating and romance.
She went on: “I think there was an arrested development, but he wanted us to never not be with each other.”
This post originally posted here Daily Express
Today, July 13 2021, marks Harrison Ford‘s 79th birthday. Back in the 1970s Ford was an unknown actor and was working on becoming a star. The young heartthrob had claimed a few small parts in some films but had not really gathered enough renown to become a huge hit just yet. In the meantime, Ford was also working as a carpenter to pay the bills and put food on the table for his family. During one of his smaller jobs, he was cast in a George Lucas movie titled American Graffiti.
American Graffiti was one of Lucas’ first feature-length films.
The movie was released in 1973 and starred a familiar cast, including Richard Dreyfuss, Ron Howard, Terry McGovern and Ford.
Ford’s part in the film was small but notable enough that Lucas would remember him in the months to come.
A year later, when Lucas was working on casting actors for his next feature, Star Wars, he refused to cast Ford again.
Years later, Ford recalled: “I had already done American Graffiti with George Lucas.
“George Lucas made it known that he was not interested in working with anybody that he’d worked with in American Graffiti, that he was looking for new faces.”
Because of this, he was out of the running for Han Solo.
But that was not the last Lucas saw of Ford.
What do you think?
Would Star Wars have been the same without Harrison Ford as Han Solo?
Join the debate in the comments section here
Ford added: “Somehow that rang a bell with George, and I became, eventually, Han Solo.”
Despite the star becoming one of Lucas’ leading men, the pair didn’t always get on while shooting Star Wars.
The American actor spoke about the “beef” between himself and the director in 2017.
And he blamed Lucas’ cheesy writing for Star Wars.
Ford said: “He sold the company for, you know, $ 4 billion. He doesn’t give a s**t what I think.
“George usually sits near a monitor, far removed, so I had to convey my impression… or my feelings… about the dialogue across a great space.
“So I did shout it: ‘George! You can type this s**t, but you sure can’t say it! Move your mouth when you’re typing!'”
He added: “But it was a joke, at the time. A stress-relieving joke.”
The Star Wars saga is available on Disney Plus now.
Chris Lewis-Jones has lived in Spain since 2005 and claims before the historic 2016 referendum Spanish people always treated him with courtesy and respect. Sadly, the 73-year-old has claimed this has changed since the Brexit vote – and argued Spaniards no longer see the UK as the cash cow it was when it remained in the bloc.
The retired marketing consultant, who lives near Fuengirola, Costa del Sol, told Express.co.uk: “I think there is an underlying sense that the Brits don’t pay up anymore.
“The money roll will be going around the other 26 members (of the EU) asking them to pay.
“I think there is a lot of anxiety on the financial front in Spain which we are unfortunately getting the blame for.
“They’re also not getting the British tourists, the hotels are half-full and many won’t be reopening.”
“I’ve worked all over the world – even in Nigeria – but now I feel uneasy living in Spain.
“Now in Spain, it appears that the Spanish police take the attitude that if you’re British and he’s Spanish then he hasn’t got the problem, you’ve got the problem.
“I have absolutely lost faith in the Spanish police.
“I’m used to dealing with police who are completely objective and unbiased.
“If you came to them with an accusation of assault it would be investigated properly.
“They didn’t even ask the Spaniard to show his papers but they asked me to show mine.
“That in my opinion shows a complete lack of objectivity.”
Mr Lewis-Jones has Spanish residency and lives in the suburb of the Costa del Sol with his Moroccan wife and 12-year-old son.
The father-of-one previously spent several years living in Morocco and said that he would “never” have been treated in the way he claims the Spanish police acted.
Express.co.uk has contacted the Foreign Office and Spanish police for comment.
Author: Oliver Pritchard-Jones
Read more here >>> Daily Express :: World Feed
The passengers who hadn’t done so at Stansted were the latest to have fallen foul of new travel guidelines imposed as a result of the pandemic. It comes after 31 people were “left in tears” after they were unable to board a flight for Spain at East Midlands Airport.
Speaking in relation to the Stansted incident, a Ryanair spokeswoman said: “Ryanair fully complies with Govt restrictions. A number of passengers on this flight from London Stansted to Dublin [25 May] were denied boarding as they failed to present a negative Covid-19 RT-PCR test result, as required by Irish regulation.
“Travel restrictions update regularly. Ryanair urges all passengers to check the latest travel updates on the Ryanair.com website and with the relevant authorities in advance of their flight.”
But Ryanair CEO Michael O’Leary has become fed up with the travel restrictions Ireland has imposed.
He has threatened to pull his planes out of the nation if the Minister for Transport Eamon Ryan doesn’t produce a plan for the return of international travel.
He told Newstalk Breakfast: “We in the tourism industry are bitterly unhappy. What we’ve been promised is not a reopening – it’s just an announcement. We have two main issues at the moment. Ireland is closed to tourism because UK visitors must quarantine at home for 14 days when they can flood across the border, making the restriction unwarranted. The UK have 75% of adults vaccinated.
“We have been calling on Eamon Ryan, who is, without doubt, one of the worst Ministers for Transport we’ve ever had to come up with a plan. Eamon Ryan has had a ten-point plan on his desk from July of last year and he has done nothing. He’s a nice man but he’s utterly ineffective.”
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Travel Feed
There is, of course, no reason to believe these prophetic events are about to unfold.
And despite what many Christian evangelists have been saying for years now, the Blood Moon will most likely pass tomorrow without ushering in the Apocalypse.
Lunar eclipses have been unfolding for as long as the Moon has been orbiting the Earth – more than four billion years – and will carry on doing so for as long as the Earth and Moon remain in one piece.
The bizarre colour change is attributed to a process known as Rayleigh scattering.
The very same process explains why the skies are blue and why some people have blue eyes despite there not being a blue pigment in them.
During the lunar eclipse, some light from the Sun will still manage to reach the Moon by passing around the edges of the planet.
The light is scattered and filtered in the dusty atmosphere, removing blue wavelengths of light.
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Weird Feed
Prior to this though, anyone travelling to Spain had to present evidence of Spanish residency at the airport check-in, Derbyshire Live reports.
This was a requirement of the Spanish authorities. Without a residency permit, airlines could not allow passengers to board.
The passenger, who did not wish to be named, said: “I was met [at the airport] by a woman who informed people they would not be travelling unless they had a Spanish passport, proof of an application for residency or a letter from the UK Government saying the trip was essential.
“This led to anger, aggression and tears and three police officers had to oversee discussions. It was a truly shameful situation that caused great distress and large financial losses to some people.”
He also claimed he had validated QR Codes from Spain Travel Health for him to go on an essential business trip, as he owns property in the country and had to deal with a number of ongoing issues.
But he says Ryanair did not state on their website the need for either a Spanish residency permit or a letter from the UK Government saying the trip was essential.
The passenger added: “How we can have a validated form from the Spanish Travel Health government site allowing our entry and then be told this isn’t sufficient? This was distressing for many people.
“Ryanair has all customers’ email addresses and telephone numbers so they could have contacted all passengers 24 hours prior to travelling, so this really is shameful and I hope it doesn’t happen to other UK travellers in the future.”
East Midlands Airport, from which the airline operates regular scheduled and charter flights across Europe, said the decision on Friday was taken by the firm’s handling agent.
A spokesman for the hub said: “On Friday, May 21, 31 passengers were refused boarding onto a flight to Malaga for not having a Spanish residency permit.
“The decision, taken by the airline’s handling agent, was in line with the requirements of the Spanish authorities at the time.
“We encourage anyone planning to travel overseas to familiarise themselves with what is required of both the destination country and the UK’s regulations prior to booking flights.”
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: UK Feed
But the online news source later tweeted this could also be part of an ongoing training exercise.
France News 24 wrote: “Renegade/Sarex-21 exercises are taking place in Poland.
“Hijacking this aircraft may be an element of these exercises.”
This began on May 17 and is running until tomorrow (May 21).
The Polish Armed Forces wrote on its website: “During the exercise, four episodes will be conducted. The first will concern the abduction of a civilian aircraft as a possible means of terrorist attack posing a threat to national security.
“The second episode will be massevac in connection with the collision of two ships with injured people on burning and sinking units.
“The next two episodes will be related to the conduct of search and rescue operations after air events (application crash of aircraft in hard-to-reach areas).”
The air force explained the training drill is being in airspace over Poland and in areas of the West Pomeranian, Pomeranian and Mazovian provinces.
This involves several military teams, as well as a host of emergency service operations.
“The organizer of the project is the Operational Command of the Armed Forces of General Bronisław Kwiatkowski.
“The training project will be held in the airspace of The Republic of Poland and in the areas of the West Pomeranian, Pomeranian and Mazovian provinces.
“The exercise will involve, inter alia, the following entities responsible for national security and rescue and rescue operations: Operational Command of the RSZ with subordinate centres and centres, General Command of the Polish Army with subordinate military units, Military Gendarmerie, Territorial Defence Forces, Polish Air Navigation Agency, Police, Border Guard, State Fire Brigade, Maritime Search and Rescue Service, Air Ambulance, Polish Red Cross and military university officers.”
This is a breaking story. More to follow…
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: World Feed
India was safely handed over by Victor Cuevas’ wife, Gia, HPD said.
The tiger disappeared after being spotted in the custody of a murder suspect last Sunday.When authorities responded to calls about the tiger being loose in a neighborhood, Victor Hugo Cuevas put it in his car and fled the scene.
It’s not clear who kept the tiger after that, but Cuevas was put back in jail for violating the terms of his release.
Cuevas is facing charges for a 2017 murder.
Friday, a judge put him back in the fort bend county jail on a $ 300,000 bond.An attorney for Cuevas said his client is not the owner of the tiger, but does keep the animal for its owner from time to time.
Cuevas’ attorney claims his client has expressed regret about the tiger incident.
The video featured is from a previous report.
Copyright © 2021 KTRK-TV. All Rights Reserved.
Author: Miya Shay
This post originally appeared on ABC13 RSS Feed
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Entertainment Feed
One glance at Joan Blackman in 1961 and you could be forgiven for thinking you were looking at Priscilla. Both share sharp elfin features and raven hair. Elvis was apparently so smitten when he met her in Hollywood just before he started his military service in 1958 that he repeatedly pursued her and “begged” her to appear in his movies. In the end she did, playing his girlfriend in Blue Hawaii. Their chemistry was so strong, she was brought back for Kid Galahad the following year. Off screen, Joan said they shared a “magical connection” and The King was planning to make her his wife.
In Blue Hawaii, Elvis sings one of his most iconic ballads to Joan, Can’t Help Falling In Love With You – and the actress later revealed that is exactly what he did.
Joan said: “When we first set eyes on each other (in 1957), there was a spark, a magic in the air… There was just that special something between us, sometimes so warm and wonderful you could almost reach out and touch it.”
She maintained she refused his repeated offers to help with her career: “I wanted parts because of my ability, not because I was dating Elvis.”
Joan had worked constantly on television since 1954 and in 1960 starred on the big screen opposite Tony Curtis in military drama The Big Imposter.
She was then cast as local island girl Maile Duval in Blue Hawaii. Life imitated art as Elvis played a GI returning home from the army. Hollywood legend Angela Landsbury played his mother.
In a senational 1977 interview, Joan later described how the long-standing attraction with The King ignited on set.
She said: “We had rooms next to each other in the hotel, and for weeks we just lived together.
“He really wanted me as his wife.”
She played Rose Grogan, the sister of a slippery boxing promoter who spots potential in Elvis’ character, Walter Gulick, an amiable small-town wannabe mechanic.
In the film, as always, Elvis gets the girl but off screen he had failed to persuade Joan.
She said: “I was in love with another actor, Hampton Fancher III. Elvis knew about it. When he would ask me about Hampton, I would answer, ‘I love him, El. I love him like a woman loves a man she wants to share her life with.’
“I never lied to Elvis about Hampton, or about anything else.”
To make it all even more complicated, Blackman was actually married to another actor, Joby Baker from May 1959 to November 1961.
Despite her declared love for Fancher, she actually married yet another actor Rockne Tarkingington from 1968-1970 and they had two children.
Her acting career fizzled out after the mid 1970’s, with her last notable role in the 1975 James Mitchum vie Moonrunners.
In 1990 she made one last return to the small screen in the TV series The Castle of Adventure, based on the Enid Blyton book. The show also starred Brian Blessed and Susan George and Blackman played a school teacher.