Tag Archives: ‘willing

‘Of course!’ Prince Charles willing to help police investigate billionaire donor’s honour

‘Of course!’ Prince Charles willing to help police investigate billionaire donor’s honour

Prince Charles, 73, may be a key witness in the case investigating his former aide Michael Fawcett. However, the future monarch insists he had no knowledge Mr Fawcett promised to help secure an honorary CBE and British citizenship for Mahfouz Marei Mubarak bin Mahfouz, who also denies any wrongdoing.

In 2016, Mr Mahfouz was given a CBE by Charles in a private ceremony at Buckingham Palace, the Sunday Times revealed.

The royal’s right hand man resigned as the chief executive of the Prince’s Foundation following the allegations.

A Clarence House spokesman said Charles would “of course” assist detectives if requested, the Times has reported.

Officers have also “liaised with the Prince’s Foundation regarding the findings of its independent investigation”, the Metropolitan Police confirmed.

READ MORE: William speaks of anxiety-filled times with Harry in candid interview

“As we move through this difficult chapter, I hope that the stories of note will begin to focus once more on the beneficial outcomes delivered by the Prince’s Foundation, and we look forward with optimism to continuing to deliver our charitable activities.”

Clarence House has previously stated Charles had “no knowledge” of the honours scandal.

Clarence House said: “It is important to His Royal Highness that the charities which bear his name operate to the highest standards, in accordance with rules established by charity regulators.

“We are taking this opportunity to reinforce guidance to these charities, particularly in respect of their relationships with supporters.”

Last week the Prince’s charity revealed an investigation had uncovered evidence of “communication and co-ordination” between Mr Fawcett and Mr Mahfouz’s advisers about the honour, the Times claimed.

Read more here Daily Express :: Royal Feed

Chelsea willing to offer Callum Hudson-Odoi and two other players in Harry Kane swap deal

Chelsea are willing to offer as many as three players to Tottenham in exchange for Harry Kane, according to reports. The Spurs marksman is set to be at the centre of one of the biggest transfer sagas of the past decade this summer as he prepares to leave north London.
Kane has already gone public and confirmed his desire to move on, claiming his future will be decided by him and not Daniel Levy.

While the England international does not want to risk upsetting the club he loves so dearly, he is willing to tell Levy that he wants to leave at the end of the season.

In the past, Kane has been heavily linked with moves to both Barcelona and Real Madrid.

Yet his desire to break Alan Shearer’s all-time Premier League goalscoring record has worked in favour of Tottenham.

JUST IN: Tottenham ‘pick two players’ they would consider in Harry Kane swap transfer deal

He has been cast aside in recent months by Thomas Tuchel and is expected to leave the club this summer.

The former Bristol City, Swansea and Aston Villa loanee was left out of the Chelsea squad for the FA Cup final last weekend, despite being their top scorer this season.

Spurs are also keen on signing a new goalkeeper as Hugo Lloris enters the final year of his contract.

Chelsea are keen to offload their £71million flop Kepa this summer and they believe he is still worth close to £40m.

Furthermore, Hudson-Odoi is a player with frightening potential that is still waiting to be unlocked.

Bayern Munich had four bids rejected for the winger, whose value remains high.

Tottenham do want a sizeable fee included in any package for Kane and would prefer straight cash.

That would allow them to reinvest in their squad, which is in desperate need of an overhaul.

Author:
This post originally appeared on Daily Express :: Sport Feed

Wenger willing to help Arsenal legends with takeover despite Kroenke statement

Author: mirrornews@mirror.co.uk (Daniel Blackham)
This post originally appeared on Mirror – Football

Arsenal icon Arsene Wenger has confirmed he is willing to help club legends Thierry Henry, Dennis Bergkamp and Patrick Vieira in their joint takeover bid alongside Spotify CEO Daniel Ek, despite current owners the Kroenke family insisting they will not sell.

Gunners fans are dreaming of a potential takeover in the coming months after taking to the Emirates in their thousands to protest against the current owners.

Following the European Super League fiasco, coupled with the consistently below-expectations results on the pitch, fans have started to call for change in their droves.

Spotify co-founder and self-proclaimed Arsenal fan Ek recently confirmed he is looking into the potential of buying the club, and has asked Henry, Bergkamp and Vieira for their support if he is successful.

And now, Wenger has thrown his hat into the ring by confirming he would do whatever he could to help the club he managed for 22 years.

Arsene Wenger has pledged his support to Daniel Ek’s takeover attempt of Arsenal

Speaking to beIN Sports, he expressed he is still an Arsenal fan and wants to see the club run in the correct way, saying: “I would say I like the fact that former people of the club run the club.

“Basically you have two examples in the football world – former players who run the club like Bayern [Munich], or big investors who buy a club like Man City.

“I personally, because I’m a football man, I like the fact that former Arsenal players take over and give advice.

Spotify co-founder Daniel Ek wants to buy Arsenal with the help of a few club icons

Sign up for our boxing newsletter!

‘what’s next

Signing up is easy, just click this link and select ‘Boxing’ from the list.

“For the project, I prefer personally… the best deals I made were when nobody knew about it and you come out and it’s done. When you announce things, you have a mountain to climb after. Nobody wants to give in. It’s easier always when you do your deals, when it’s done you come out and [announce it].

“Look, I will always support Arsenal. If I can help Arsenal I will do it in any way. That’s my answer. If not, I am happy in my life.”

Earlier on Tuesday, however, Josh and Stan Kroenke issued a statement confirming they would reject any takeover bid made for the club.

Arsenal owner Stan Kroenke has no interest in selling the club

The statement read: “In recent days we have noted media speculation regarding a potential takeover bid for Arsenal Football Club. We remain 100 per cent committed to Arsenal and are not selling any stake in the club. We have not received any offer and we will not entertain any offer.

“Our ambition for Arsenal remains to compete to win the biggest trophies in the game and our focus remains on improving our competitiveness on the pitch to achieve this.”

Wenger often received criticism from fans towards the end of his time at the Emirates, and the Frenchman conceded that he made mistakes towards the end of his tenure.

However, he insisted that he only ever had the club’s best interests in mind, adding: “I think the fans give me credit that I always put Arsenal first. I sacrificed many of the best years of my life in my career to help the club get out of building the new stadium without any money from anybody.

“We didn’t go out and say we needed money, we did it with the quality of our work and we remained at the top.

“Yes, I was criticised, you have to accept that when you’re in a public job. I don’t think anyone would question the fact that I did it genuinely with desire to do what is best for the club. Afterwards, I made mistakes, I don’t deny that.”

And the Oscar goes to… Boxing champ Roy Jones Jr. ‘willing to fight Oscar De La Hoya’ in latest vintage comeback bout

Boxing icons Roy Jones Jr. and Oscar De La Hoya could be set for a clash in the ring after Jones’ trainer, Alfy Smith, indicated his man is more than willing to spoil the The Golden Boy’s recently-announced comeback.

Former six-division champ De La Hoya revealed this week that he is to make his return to the sport in July for the first time since a 2008 shellacking at the hands of Manny Pacquiao, and Jones – fresh from his own ring comeback last November in a veteran matchup against Mike Tyson – has thrown his hat into the ring to be the man to challenge him.

Jones, a boxing legend in his own right, fought Tyson to an eight-round draw last November in a bout which proved to be a massive success for all involved, with some estimates placing the pay-view-view proceeds somewhere north of $ 80 million – a figure which is even more impressive given that there was no live gate due to Covid-19 restrictions.

And if it seems as if this has helped provide some motivation for De La Hoya’s own return, Jones’ trainer says that his man will be happy to meet him in the center of the ring on July 3. 

I spoke to Roy today and he is feeling great – and is willing to fight Oscar De La Hoya,” said Alfy Smith. 

I know that they never got to fight based off weight classes before, but now would be the perfect time to give the fans a great fight that they’d thought they would get to see.

De La Hoya has one of the greatest left hooks in boxing history, Roy has a devastating hook as well. We shall see who will be the real ‘Captain Hook’.”

News of the potential fight wasn’t greeted with the waves of enthusiasm Smith might have expected, however. 

Why can’t these [Hall of Fame] guys just stay retired?” asked one boxing fan on social media, while another described the idea as a “circus act”. “Just isn’t really that interesting watching 50-odd-year-old guys fighting.” 

Hell no,” wrote another. “Roy Jones needs to know when to STOP. He disappointed the fans against Tyson last time. We don’t want to see his old ass in the ring ever again.”

Jones had been linked to a fight with former UFC champion Anderson Silva but ‘The Spider’ has since agreed terms to box another former ring icon, Julio Cesar Chavez Jr, in June, leaving Jones with an opening in his calendar – one that Smith thinks De La Hoya could more than adequately fill.

The fans all over the world love Roy Jones Jr and Oscar De La Hoya,” Smith continued. “This is a great fight, an exciting match-up where you would only dream it up in a video game. Now we have a chance to make it a reality. 

Roy is still active and training every day, he’s in tremendous shape and his speed is still crisp.”
Also on rt.com Anyone upset with the outcome of the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr fight needs their own head examined
One sticking point, however, could be the weight that any prospective fight might take place at.

Jones tipped the scales at a career-high 210lbs for his November showdown with Mike Tyson and while De La Hoya is clearly no longer in the fighting shape he was in his prime, his latter career saw him compete at the middleweight limit of 160lbs. 

Still, though, in days of yore it was often said that ‘styles make fights’. But in this brave new world of boxing in 2021 it appears that the maxim should be modified somewhat.

‘Checkbooks make fights’ sounds about right.
Also on rt.com ‘No one wants to see it’: Boxing veteran De la Hoya earns mockery after dropping mic to tell rapper Snoop Dogg of comeback (VIDEO)

RT

Presented by