Chadwick Boseman has tragically died at the young age of 43. He was surrounded by his wife and longtime love Taylor Simone Ledward when he passed away from colon cancer.
Black Panther star Chadwick Boseman has sadly passed away at just 43 years old after a 4-year battle with colon cancer. A statement was released on social media on Aug. 28 confirming the actor’s death. Chadwick is survived by his wife, Taylor Simone Ledward, and family. Chadwick and Taylor have been together for years, but they always chose to keep their personal lives out of the public eye.
1. Taylor Simone was by his side when he died. The statement that was released regarding Chadwick’s untimely death said that he died “with his wife and family by his side.” Chadwick was diagnosed with stage III colon cancer in 2016 and “battled with it these last 4 years as it progressed to stage IV.” Chadwick never publicly revealed that he was battling cancer.
2. Chadwick and Taylor Simone were very private about their relationship. Chadwick and Taylor did not confirm when their relationship started, so it’s unknown when they started dating. They also never publicly confirmed they got married. The couple was first spotted out together in 2015. Their last red carpet appearance was in Nov. 2019 at the premiere of Chadwick’s film 21 Bridges in New York City.
3. Chadwick sweetly mentioned her during his NAACP Image Awards speech. When the actor won the 2018 award for Outstanding Actor in a Motion Picture for his role as T’Challa/Black Panther in Black Panther, he mentioned his love for the first time publicly. When his name was announced, they sweetly kissed before he went up to the stage. “Simone, you’re with me every day,” he said. “I have to acknowledge you right now. Love you.” The camera panned to her and she blew him a kiss and mouthed “I love you.”
4. The couple made their red carpet debut at the 2019 SAG Awards. Chadwick and Taylor Simone walked hand-in-hand on the carpet at the SAG Awards in Jan. 2019. Taylor Simone looked stunning in a black floral gown alongside Chadwick.
5. Their final appearance together was in Feb. 2020. The couple sat courtside together during the 2020 NBA All-Star Game in Chicago, just 6 months before his death. They posed for photos and enjoyed the game on their date night out.