The long-awaited return of fight sports comes Saturday night in Jacksonville, Fla., in a stacked UFC 249 card headlined by Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje.
Originally scheduled for mid-April, the event is going through at UFC president Dana White’s urging without fans in attendance amid the coronavirus pandemic. White previously tried to ram through the event in California before relenting at the request of ESPN.
There are 11 fights scheduled for Saturday, including five on the main card. The interim lightweight title and bantamweight title are up for grabs.
Sporting News is tracking live updates and highlights from UFC 249, including the Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje main event and the rest of the fight card. Follow along for complete results.
MORE: Ronaldo ‘Jacare’ Souza tests positive for COVID-19, out of UFC 249
UFC 249 live updates, results from main card
Updates will begin at 10 p.m. ET when the main card gets underway. Follow preliminary action in the next section.
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje
Henry Cejudo vs Dominic Cruz
Francis Ngannou vs Jairzinho Rozenstruik
Jeremy Stephens vs Calvin Kattar
Greg Hardy vs Yorgan de Castro
Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje undercard results
Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum (in progress)
Carla Esparza defeats Michelle Waterson by split decision (30-27, 27-30, 29-28)
Waterson appeared surprised by the decision after a neck-and-neck battle.
Vicente Luque defeats Niko Price by TKO
Heck of a fight there. Price landed some big-time blows, including an early kick to Luque’s face, and started the third round in control. Luque landed the decisive strike, though, with a late hook that sent his opponent to the ground.
Bryce Mitchell defeats Charles Rosa by unanimous decision (30-25, 30-25, 30-24)
Ryan Spann defeats Sam Alvey by split decision (29-28, 28-29, 29-28)
What time does UFC 249 start tonight?
- Date: Saturday, May 9
- UFC 249 time: 6:30 p.m. ET | 3:30 p.m. PT
- Main card:10 p.m. ET | 7 p.m. PT
- Ferguson vs. Gaethje: 12:15 a.m. ET (approx.)
Fight fans are in for a big night of action Saturday with 11 bouts over a span of more than six hours. The preliminary fights are scheduled to start at 6:30 p.m. ET, followed by the main card at 10 p.m. ET.
Tony Ferguson and Justin Gaethje are expected to step into the Octagon shortly after midnight ET to close out the night in style, in a matchup that will determine the interim lightweight title.
MORE: UFC 249 betting odds, advice for Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje card
UFC 249 fight card
- Tony Ferguson vs. Justin Gaethje for the interim lightweight title
- Henry Cejudo vs. Dominic Cruz for the bantamweight title
- Francis Ngannou vs. Jairzinho Rozenstruik; heavyweights
- Jeremy Stephens vs. Calvin Kattar; featherweights
- Greg Hardy vs. Yorgan de Castro; heavyweights
- Donald Cerrone vs. Anthony Pettis; welterweights
- Aleksei Oleinik vs. Fabricio Werdum; heavyweights
- Carla Esparza vs. Michelle Waterson; women’s strawweights
Early preliminary card
- Vicente Luque vs. Niko Price; welterweights
- Bryce Mitchell vs. Charles Rosa; featherweights
- Ryan Spann vs. Sam Alvey; light heavyweights