Home World World War 3 fears SPIKE as China and Russia mock Donald Trump...

World War 3 fears SPIKE as China and Russia mock Donald Trump in bold move

As relations with Beijing hit a low point, the two states claimed the US Government has “lost its mind, morals and credibility”. China’s Foreign Minister, Wang Yi made the comments during a phone call with Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov. Following the conversation, China and Russia released a joint statement bashing the Trump administration’s behaviour on the world stage.

{%=o.title%}

]]>

They accused President Trump and his inner circle of burning bridges with allies and foreign governments.

Wang took a swipe at the Republican leader, who is hoping to be re-elected on November 3.

He said the US had reverted back to its “Cold War mentality” and is stirring up tensions with other world powers.

He also blasted the “America First” policy which Mr Trump has pushed since the early days of his presidential campaign and vigorously pursued since entering the Oval Office.

- Advertisement -

Donald Trump has come under attack from Russia and China (Image: GETTY)

Wang Yi discussed America’s behaviour with his Russian counterpart (Image: GETTY)

During their chat on the phone, Mr Wang told Mr Lavrov: “The US has bluntly pursued its ‘America First’ policy, pushing egoism, unilateralism and bullying to the limit, and that’s not what a great power should be about.

“The US has resorted to extreme measures and even created hot spots and confrontations in international relationships, has lost its mind, morals and credibility.”

Mr Lavrov told his Chinese counterpart that America had “torn apart its disguise” and is now openly threatening countries with sanctions.

Details of the conversation were released by the Beijing government.

READ MORE: Donald Trump video DELETED by Twitter in embarrassing moment

- Advertisement -

Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov (Image: GETTY)

The Chinese government’s decision to release a transcript of the private call was a rare move.

Mr Trump has clashed with the Chinese over their handling of the coronavirus pandemic.

He has also been heavily critical of the controversial new security law the Chinese Communist Party (CCP) recently rolled out in Hong Kong.

Last week it emerged that the Trump administration was considering banning travel to the US by all members of the CCP and their families, a person familiar with the matter said on Thursday.

DON’T MISS
Donald Trump says ‘just ask Prince Andrew’ when quizzed about Epstein [INSIGHT]
Donald Trump: Linkin Park issues cease and desist for using music [ANALYSIS]
Kim Jong-un on brink: North Korea leader facing COUP from own sister [EXPLAINED]

- Advertisement -

Donald Trump has repeatedly clashed with China over the coronavirus pandemic (Image: GETTY)

Sergey Lavrov with Vladimir Putin (Image: GETTY)

China dismissed the idea as absurd.

Senior officials discussing the matter had begun circulating a draft of a possible presidential order, but deliberations were at an early stage and the issue had not yet been brought to Mr Trump, the source said, speaking on condition of anonymity.

The discussions, first reported by the New York Times, centre on whether to deny visas to more than 90 million Chinese in what would be one of Washington’s toughest actions yet in a widening feud with Beijing that some have likened to a new Cold War.

Such a ban, if implemented, could hit the ruling Communist Party from the highest levels down to its rank-and-file.

And it would be certain to draw retaliation against Americans who travel to China.

This could include not only diplomats but also business executives, potentially harming American interests in China.

Donald Trump pictured in the White House Rose Garden (Image: GETTY)

Chinese Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying, asked about the possibility of such a travel ban, told reporters on Friday that, should it materialise, it would mean the US was choosing to stand against 1.4 billion people.

She said: “This is against the trend of the 21st century, and it is very absurd.

US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo stopped short of confirming it was under consideration but said: “We’re working our way through, under the president’s guidance, about how to think about pushing back against the Chinese Communist Party.”

- Advertisement -

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

- Advertisment -