Call of Duty Mobile Season 9 release date news
Activision has confirmed that the Call of Duty Mobile Season 9 release date has been set for this week. And while we don’t have a set launch time, we do know it won’t be long before gamers on Android and iOS are downloading a big COD Mobile update. Activision says it’s going to be one of the most significant patches they have ever released, meaning plenty of new content and features to check out.
One of the biggest tweaks will be the launch of the new Gunsmith feature, which will allow gamers to customise weapons along with the following changes:
- Primary and secondary weapon – variants of these weapons (uncommon, rare, epic, and legendary) are all part of the same base weapon and thus share the same progression. This means you no longer have to level up different versions of the same weapon.
- For existing users, you’ll find that your base weapons will now be the highest level of any variant that you own. So, for example, if you had an M4 – Black Gold which was level 12 and an M4 – Werewolf Fighter, you’ll see that the base M4 will now be level 12. Don’t worry, though – you still will have many more levels to grind!
- All variants of the base weapon have now been categorised in two separate ways: camos and Blueprints.
- Uncommon and Rare variants will now be camos. Customise your base weapons with Uncommon and Rare camos that you want in addition to the grindable camos that have been introduced alongside Gunsmith.
- Uncommon and Rare camos are tied with the specific base weapon. What happens if you receive and Uncommon or Rare of a weapon you have not unlocked? Along with the camo, you will unlock the base weapon as well!
- Epic and Legendary variants will now be Blueprint weapons. Blueprints are notable in that they come with their own camo and a curated set of attachments that come pre-configured on the weapon (4 for Epic, 5 for Legendary).
- Think of the pre-configured attachments as a preview on what you can get by levelling up the weapon and, in Epic and Legendary blueprints, visual variants of the specific attachments on them.
- As always, Epic and Legendary Blueprints will offer unique visuals, such as dynamic camos, death effects, and more. While you will be able to swap out the attachments to your heart’s content, some Blueprints may not visually show the change; however, weapon stats and behaviour will reflect your chosen attachments.
WHEN IS CALL OF DUTY MOBILE SEASON 9 COMING OUT?
According to Activision, the Call of Duty Mobile Season 9 release date has been set for sometime between August 12 and August 15.
No set time has been announced, so gamers will need to keep an eye on the official Call of Duty Mobile social media pages.
A message from Activision adds: “If you’ve been watching our social media channels recently you’ve seen us starting to reveal content for this next update already. All of that aside, we know that everyone has just had one question – when is this update releasing? The answer is soon.
“Self-deprecatory jokes aside, the update is coming and next week. This update is massive and as a result it falls outside of our normal cadence of releases.
“Everything with Gunsmith, the new BR changes, and all of the new seasonal content have been a significant challenge and one we think is worth taking in order to provide one of the best and biggest Call of Duty: Mobile updates of 2020.”
Some kind of update is expected from Activision before everything kicks of with Season 9, including what day the new download will be available.
It’s unclear what size it will be or if Android and iOS gamers will need to free up some room to make way.