Categories
Sports

Maple Grove Knocks Off Fredonia In Tennis To Remain Unbeaten

BEMUS POINT — Maple Grove remained unbeaten by knocking off Fredonia in a Chautauqua-Cattaraugus Athletic Association tennis match Tuesday. The Red Dragons are now 10-0 overall and 9-0 in the division, while the Hillbillies drop to 8-2 and 8-2. Fletcher DeMink (MG) d. Neil Cosico 12-7; Jackson Spangler (F) d. Trey DeMink 12-10; Paxton Faulk […]

Categories
Celebrities

Joan Collins sparks concern after ‘near-death’ moment as scooter almost knocks her over

Meanwhile, Joan recently gushed over Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations which will be held next month. She penned: “An #honor to have been part of the #queens #jubilee #celebration on @itv and will be on @gmb later!” The Dynasty actress was a part of a candid television broadcast dedicated to Her Majesty which aired […]

Categories
UK

New England Fights: Ryan Sanders knocks out Mark Gardner to cap off ‘Battle of L/A’ at Norway Savings Bank Arena

AUBURN — Ryan Sanders’ fight with Mark Gardner was brief and furious at a New England Fights event at Norway Savings Bank Arena on Saturday night. Sanders, of Newport, unleashed a high kick to Gardner’s head, sending him against the cage and onto the floor to win his match with a knockout in the first […]

Categories
Sports

Cowgirl Tennis Knocks Off UCLA To Advance To Sweet 16 – Oklahoma State University Athletics

STILLWATER, Okla.- In a matchup of top-20 teams, Oklahoma State’s 12th-ranked women’s tennis team prevailed over 20th-ranked UCLA, 4-3, on Sunday afternoon during the second round of NCAA action at the Greenwood Tennis Center.  With the win, OSU moved to 20-5 on the season and advanced to the NCAA Sweet 16 for the fourth time […]

Categories
Sports

Boys tennis roundup: Benson/KMS knocks off NLS, 6-1

NEW LONDON — Going 3-0 in doubles play helped the Benson/Kerkhoven-Murdock-Sunburg boys tennis team get past New London-Spicer with a 6-1 victory on Thursday. At No. 3 doubles, the Braves’ duo of Isaac and Alex Carlson got a victory over Sam Gamez and Joe Brouwer, 7-6 (3), 4-6, 6-2. In singles, Benson/KMS’ Alberto Vargas got […]

Categories
Sports

Pleasant Valley boys tennis knocks off undefeated Chico, remains perfect in league play

CHICO, Calif. – Game, Set, Match! Pleasant Valley boys tennis knocked off undefeated Chico 7-2 to remain perfect in league play.  With the win, the Vikings advance to 13-2 overall, 9-0 in the Eastern Athletic League (EAL). The Panthers drop to 12-1, 8-1 in the EAL. The final score doesn’t show how intense the dual was. […]

Categories
Life Style

Children will have over 100 knocks and tumbles a year – with grazed knees most common

Tripping up is often to blame for a wound (44 percent), as well as falling off playground equipment (37 percent) and falling on the stairs (20 percent). As a result, the 64 percent of parents who use plasters get through an average of 99 a year, while the other 36 percent who use bandages use […]

Categories
Sports

Brad Rea knocks down Lukasz Ndafoluma en route to points win which keeps middleweight unbeaten

It was lucky 13 for Brad Rea as the Mancunian middleweight maintained the unbeaten start to his career with a points victory over Lukasz Ndafoluma in Newcastle. Fighting on the undercard of Savannah Marshall’s WBO middleweight world title defence against Femke Hermans, Rea was given a tough workout by the Namibian in the eight-rounder at […]

Categories
Gaming

Amazon knocks up to 50 percent off Fire tablets | Engadget

All products recommended by Engadget are selected by our editorial team, independent of our parent company. Some of our stories include affiliate links. If you buy something through one of these links, we may earn an affiliate commission. Amazon’s Fire tablets make good secondary devices for those who aren’t looking to drop hundreds of dollars […]

Categories
Travel

Strong Late-Winter Storm Knocks Out Power and Snarls Travel

A sprawling, late-season winter storm was bringing a mix of precipitation across a wide stretch of the United States on Saturday, knocking out power to thousands and disrupting travel with hazardous conditions, meteorologists said. About 16 million people from Tennessee up through Maine were under some sort of winter weather alert, while some isolated areas […]